Amy Shaffer offered a fun challenge at the Make it Monday site to create Stamped Dangles. She offers a great video to illustrate her creations. This was a fun project to create and I encourage you to give it a try. Here is my card:
It was like a scavenger hunt through my stamp sets to gather the different components for my card. I won’t list all the sources, but encourage you to peruse through your sets and I’ll bet you will be surprised with what you can find that will work. The main thing is to have fun!
Sharon @ Snip’n Sisters
Here we are once again with cards for this week’s challenge for Mojo Monday and The Global Design Project. When we started we thought it seemed the sketches had a lot of layers & the colors seemed a bit bright, but once we got going the cards came together very nicely. The layers fit well together and the colors were fresh and crisp. We were pleased with their outcomes. Here are the design sketches we followed:
I had been wanting to do some watercoloring so out came the aqua painter and away I went. It took me 3 tries to get the flowers right so please remember this: always use a permanent ink when stamping the outline of your image!! Ask me how I know.?!?
Richard Garry –Make Amazing Happen
- Stamp: Rubberneckers-Flowers w/Butterfly
- Sentiment: Stampin’ Up-Perfect Pair (retired)
- Ribbon: May Arts
Karen’s card ready for Spring showers. I’m sure most of us would like to see an early Spring, but I’m not so sure. Her creation is bright and cheery none the less.
Papertrey Ink-Watercolor Wonder (no longer available)
We hope you liked our cards and will visit the two sites we used for our inspiration this week.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon & Karen
This is the card I created for this week’s Freshly Made Sketches #273 challenge. I used products from several different places, and it was a fun sketch to make.
Stampin’ Up: Timless Textures
I hope you enjoyed viewing my card as much as I enjoyed making it. This was the design I followed:
Please go to the FMS site to see more great creations, and stop back again soon!
Sharon @ Snipin’Sisters
Here is a quick card I made yesterday for this week’s Cas(e) This Sketch #207. I used Right At Home’s Happy Mail Year 2 stamp set and some printed paper from Reverse Confetti’s True Love collection. Then added a fun border from Lil’ Inkers called Silly Stitched Borders.
That’s it, short and sweet. See the fun sketch to follow below, and check out more ideas at the Case This Sketch site and consider playing along. I’ll be there looking for you!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come again soon.
Just one more Valentine. This one is for FMS #272. There are some fun cards over there and I hope you will stop in to see what they’re up to. I enjoyed creating my card and I hope you find some inspiration.
- Paper: Papertrey Ink’s-Dotty, and Reverse Confetti’s Piggy Bank & Flamingo cardstock
- Diecuts: Lil’ Inkers’ Silly stitched circles (The circle plates in this set are impression only and must be cut out separately.)
- Embossing Folder: Sizzix
- Sentiment: Stampin’ Up’s-Watercolor Words
I must give credit to Shannon Jaramillo at Shannon Kaye Paperie for some of the inspiration in my card. Her card in this challenge is beautiful and her cards are exceptional. You should check her out. Here is the sketch that inspired us both:
Thanks for stopping by today!
This weekend Karen and I were busy making our valentines for friends & family. Karen is submitting her card to Paper Players # 329, and I’m submitting my card into Cas(e) This Sketch # 206 & Paper Players #329. We hope you like our interpretations.
- Paper: Papertrey Ink-Dotty
- Diecut: Frantic Stamper-Lovely Loop Edger
- Sentiment: Verve Stamps-No Matter What & Heart’s Desire
- Embelishment: Stickles-Crystal
- Paper: floral-Richard Garay, pink-Stampin’ Up’s Blushing Bride
- Diecut: stitched rectangles-Lawn Fawn
- Stamp: Love is Kindness-SU, Happy Birthday-Stampabilities
- Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette- SU
- Tools: aqua painter
Sweet and simple cards and fun to create. Please check each site for more ideas using the sketches we followed.
Karen & Sharon
The Snipin’ Sisters
Here are our three fun valentine cards for you to enjoy and to be inspired by:
Karen’s card is a sweet pastel infused creation looking a bit like Spring. Don’t you think?
- Paper: Reverse Confetti- Piggy bank, Flamingo, & a piece from their 6×6 stack True Love
- Diecuts: scalloped stitched circle-Reverse Confetti, stitched squares-Lawn Fawn, & stitched hearts-Memory Box
- Embelishments: Pearl Basic Jewels –Stampin’ Up
Robyn’s card looks like a traditional valentine all red and white and delicate.
- Paper: Stampin’Up-Sending Love paper pack, Cherry Cobler cardstock
- Diecuts: stitched squares-SU, circle-Sizzix, heart-Spellbinder’s
- Sentiment: January Paper Pumpkin-SU
- Embelishments: twine-Michaels, enamel hearts-SU, Wink of Stella
This is my card with plenty of pink.
- Paper: dotted-Papertrey Ink, small circle patterned-Reverse Confetti’s True Love
- Diecuts: scalloped heart-Nestibilities, square scalloped stitched frames-Lil’ Inkers (I think)
- Sentiment: Delightful Dozen-SU
Our goal this week was to use our scraps, and I think we did a pretty good job. Here is the sketch we used so let us know how we did. Please check out more at the Mojo Monday site.